You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to Bioco Sighting Place. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Homer Simpson

Recognized Member

• "Homer Simpson" started this thread

Activity points: 799

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 2:14pm

Updated Boardsoftware

Hi@ all,

we updated the board software. During this process, we lost some features that where not compatible with the new software. For now, nearly the basics should work again. For you, there are some new features (English Version) http://www.woltlab.com/news/581_en.php

This might give you the best impression about the new features. It would take too much effort, to explain every single new function here. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to contact our tech Admin, Krueckenlover (You can find him in the "team" button)

In the next days, we try to reinstall all the lost features.

We'll keep you informed.

Hallo,

Wir haben die Forensoftware geupdated (was für ein Wort). Leider gab es während dieses Prozesses ein paar kleinere Probleme mit Add-ons, die nicht kompatibel waren. Daher sind die jetzt erstmal weg. Wir arbeiten aber dran, sie nach und nach (nach der Wichtigkeit) zu reinstallieren. Die Grundfunktionen sollten nun wieder gehen.

Hier könnt hr euch mal einen Überblick über die Neuerungen gönnen: http://www.woltlab.com/news/581_de.php Es würde zu lange dauern, jedes neue feature hier haarklein zu erklären. Solltet ihr Fragen oder Probleme haben, wendet euch bitte vertrauensvoll an Krueckenlover (Team Button).

So und nun viel Spaß mit der neuen, frischeren version von Bioco sighting Place. :D

Euer BSP Team

9 guests thanked already.

action jackson

Recognized Member

Date of registration: Mar 16th 2009

Country-Location: Earth

Onlinetime: 11 Days, 23 Hours, 37 Minutes, 45 Seconds

Activity points: 426

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:32am

New Board design

Hmmmm

Don't want to sound old school and boring but a few things with the new design isn't that good.

- Underlined text on the recent threads at the main page only makes it more difficult to read. Especially as the text is blue on blue background.
- Clicking on a picture makes it open in a new tab, (Firefox). That's normal and good but when closing the tab the picture is still there as a hover pic and that's really annoying. I don't want to close a picture twice.

So far only these small irritations found. I haven't found anything other, Yet.

//Action

10 guests thanked already.

Christoph

Inner Circle

Date of registration: Mar 7th 2009

Country-Location: Fürth, Germany

Onlinetime: 43 Days, 22 Hours, 10 Minutes, 42 Seconds

Activity points: 432

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 10:27am

Hi!
I have to agree with action jackson. This new image viewer is kind of annoying and superfluous in my opinion.
Apart from that: good job guys! :thumbup:

11 guests thanked already.

Krueckenlover

Technical Administrator

Date of registration: Mar 5th 2009

Country-Location: Cologne

Onlinetime: 112 Days, 8 Hours, 11 Minutes, 24 Seconds

Activity points: 263

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 10:42am

- Clicking on a picture makes it open in a new tab, (Firefox). That's normal and good but when closing the tab the picture is still there as a hover pic and that's really annoying. I don't want to close a picture twice.

do you click with the left mousebutton on the pictures or with the mousewheel (or something else)?

- Underlined text on the recent threads at the main page only makes it more difficult to read. Especially as the text is blue on blue background.

thats not a bug, thats a feature, try the other style :)

u424121

Unregistered

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 11:37am

die alte Variante fand ich übersichtlicher. Jetzt ist alles so groß und füllt den ganzen Bildschirm aus, kann man das wieder zurückstellen? :cursing:

action jackson

Recognized Member

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 11:47am

Bug or feature dosen't matter. It's just annoying and not very good for easy reading.

Left click? Is anyone doing it another way? - I click with the left button and it's annoying as hell to get the picture all over the screen.

I'll have to agree with u424121. The old version was better and I probably sounds like an old geek not wanting to have changes but that's not true. I like changes to the better but i don't like changes just becasue the changes.

I very seldom update things that works for me. I only update because of security reasons or similar. Far to many times I have had updates for softwares only making the design "looking better" which they seldom do.

//Action.

Homer Simpson

Recognized Member

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:17pm

Are you only speaking about the thing with the images? What exactly do you wish to be improved? I can only say that we try to get better every day. With the update, there are many new features available. Please take the time and have a look.
And we will try to improve as many things you are claiming about as possible -stay tuned!

Homer

Krueckenlover

Technical Administrator

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:19pm

we haven't change anything on the blue design and the font-color were always lightblue and the backgrund darkblue

iamlegion

Unregistered

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:17pm

Sorry for the dump question, if you should answered it anywhere else, but where the hell is the amputee section? o0

Schimpanse

King of Finds im Teilzeit-Ruhestand und Moderator

Date of registration: Mar 6th 2009

Country-Location: Trier

Onlinetime: 95 Days, 13 Hours, 11 Minutes, 20 Seconds

Activity points: 1845

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:19pm

Dieser meinung bin ich auch das das alte Loyaut besser war
Wenn ich nicht online bin sitze ich auf einem Baum und futtere eine Banane :) , also keine Dummheiten machen, ich kann auf dem Baum dir gegenüber sitzen :)

Krueckenlover

Technical Administrator

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:22pm

Sorry for the dump question, if you should answered it anywhere else, but where the hell is the amputee section? o0

ATTENTION TO ALL AMPUTEE LOVERS!

Homer Simpson

Recognized Member

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 2:02pm

Do you need a new style or what's the matter in general? I cannot see so much things that developed this bad so that the whole board has lsot something. I really thing that most of you have not checked out all the possibilities. One example: From now on, you can switch on/off EVERY Board / subboard you are not interested in. You can do this in your profile.
So please let's start a list with things you are not confident with. It's important to know that very clearly - so that we can try to change it.

But please be fair: There are some new things and that does not mean that they are bad. Most of the things are only new features you have only get used to...

So please start the clear list!

Thank you!

Homer

action jackson

Recognized Member

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 2:20pm

Hi Homer

I will explore the board and see if I can experince all new things. What I first didn't like was the fact thate main pages "last 10 posts" Was looking like a table with lines and the headlines underlined. I found that very difficult to read just because of the light blue text on the dark blue background

As krueckenlover a bit ironic put it: "we haven't change anything on the blue design and the font-color were always lightblue and the backgrund darkblue "
My suggestion is to have black text on white or light grey background as it's the best to read. But I guess it's also a boring design. :D

I'm very aware of this but I think the underlined text only mad it worse. Light blue on dark blue has never been a good design but was far easier, (to me), to read without the underline.

Regarding the image thing I really think it was much better on the old design. I have always hated when an image just floats over the webpage. I can see advantages of it over having a new tab opened but in my case I get both.
I click on an image and it opens in a new tab. When I close that tab I also have to close the image floating over the page. I don't think it was supposed to be like that. Or?

Just see my thoughts as constructive critisism. I don't want to be considered a man wanting everything to be like it always have but sometimes new stuff isn't good at all.

But I'll get used to it.

//Action

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "action jackson" (Nov 8th 2009, 2:31pm)

kht12345

Recognized Member

Date of registration: Mar 8th 2009

Country-Location: Munich, Germany

Onlinetime: 46 Days, 19 Hours, 39 Minutes, 35 Seconds

Activity points: 100

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:37pm

Hi,

I have the same annoying problem with the image viewer (using Firefox 3.5.5). The same with IE 8. Probably a bug in the forum software. However, it can be circumvented with Firefox by using "Open Link in new Tab".

Best,

kht

Homer Simpson

Recognized Member

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:43pm

Hi,

for me it's the same to - until now. The fact that the update has eneded does not mean that we cannot change anything. I wanted this list to see what we could improve. please give us some days!

@action jackson: Black text on white ground? There you maybe could have a try with our alternate style woltlab blue sunrise (you can change style in the very bottom of the homepage.

We'll have a very close look at all your complaints and see how we can improve. Please only patience for some days!
Further critics is always welcome!

Thank you!

Krueckenlover

Technical Administrator

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:49pm

problem found and fixed

Homer Simpson

Recognized Member

Monday, November 9th 2009, 1:13pm

@ all who currently experience some problems with the blue style: feel free to change the style of the board into "blue sunrise". We are working on the style, but changing the style or developing a new one is not done so easily. In the meanwhile a change into "blue sunrise" could help.

@ castars: Which text exactly do you mean? Could you perhaps attach a screenshot?

@ samourai: What exactly are your problems?

@all: please tell us your problems, it's the only way for us to fix it!

Homer

Castars

Recognized Member

Country-Location: France

Onlinetime: 7 Days, 1 Hour, 3 Minutes, 28 Seconds

Activity points: 458

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 2:52pm

Voila

Également un soucis avec la page de saisie, les smileys sont verticaux ;)
Castars has attached the following files:

Homer Simpson

Recognized Member

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 3:07pm

Hi castars,

krueckenlover, our guy for technical questions cannot be online until friday evening. So at the moment, I cannot say why this is so. I ask you to wait until friday / saturday - I will tell him and he will contact you. That's all I can do for now.

Thanks for the screenshots.

Homer

Castars

Recognized Member

Country-Location: France

Onlinetime: 7 Days, 1 Hour, 3 Minutes, 28 Seconds

Activity points: 458

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 7:32pm

Idem pour la page d'accueil sous Firefox 3.5.5 ;)
Castars has attached the following file:

CastCentral